Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Laff at me everyone!!!!!!

Hehe...hehehehehe....*audible snap* BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaowowow it hurts to laugh...

For anyone who is wondering what that was, that snap was me losing the last vestiges of my self control...It's been a very trying day...don't judge me because of my manic laugh...why are you still looking at me funny...? Well anyhoo, today took a turn downhill and I don't really know whe...OK that's a lie, I know exactly where. Let me begin my tale of woe...

I took a double dose of my sleep meds last night, so I got to bed at 11-ish, and woke up at 7! (about 4 hours earlier than I usually wake up) And I figured, why not take the bike route I mapped out yesterday? I had 10 hours to kill, so a good long bike ride should do me some good, right? Eventually I finished everything up in my house, and I left for my ride around 9-ish. Now my ride was SUPPOSED to take me to North Beach, then cross the county to the west side, and take the road near Kings Landing. I got to North Beach fine, had a sub and got some powerade. (I had forgotten to bring any water) I went up towards route 2 from North Beach (I have absolutely no idea what that road is called) and after much toil, reached Mt. Harmony road...the start of the complex road system I had never been on before. I got kinda confused when Mt. Harmony LN crossed Mt Harmony RD, but using my onstar-phone utility (calling my boss and asking for help) I was able to determine the correct route...and yadda yadda yadda, everything was cool until I hit Chaneyville RD...That my friends...and other random people my mom sent the blog link to...Is where the day took its fatal turn...

Now I could almost see the river from where I was, so I stopped looking at the road for a sec to try to get a look...and when I looked back ohwaitthestreetdroopsoffhere...*SLAM* I could immediately tell two things, my elbow now had a lot less skin than it did a couple seconds ago...and my PSP stopped making noise (Its very quiet for your information! I can hear the cars fine!) Under closer inspection my arm and PSP still worked fine...but the surfaces are scratched/cracked...OH JOY!!! I just bought the PSP!!! On the bright side, the PSP still works, and since I have all of the icons' locations memorized I can work it just fine...except for games. No thought was spent on my arm at this point, I've hurt meself much worse in the past, and what's more, I heal for free. Buuuuut...my PSP wasn't the only expensive thing broken, nono! The camera my parents bought for me that I had taken to get a picture of the river also had a cracked screen...yup...I may not be going to Africa...because when my parents read this they are going to KILL ME. Why oh why did I post this you might ask? Because I love to live on the "hairy edge" as my mom calls it.

So then I go further (still biking) and eventually take a wrong turn...not sure where...but instead of kings landing I end up in Richville...with no Idea how to get back to anything I know. Funny thing though, I can confirm that someone's richness is (usually) inversely proportional to their kindness! It was 20 minutes, and 20-30 cars before anyone would stop to give me directions, and I was right next to a stop sign too! But eventually I got pointed on the right direction, and got back on the 2-4 split. Then...I just suffered until I got to the bookstore I work at, barring a stop at 7-11 to get an energy drink or two. Once there, my bosses and I marveled at the unsolvable mysteries of life...like why I haven't killed myself yet...and why I'm still allowed to carry expensive electronics...and why my parents haven't killed me yet...and how long it will be before I get my nomination to the Darwin Awards.

I try to always look at the bright side of things, and well, this is all I could come up with. I must have used up all my bad karma for the next year and a half with this escapade, so I shouldn't have any left for my stay in Africa! =)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are so proud of you..from your fellow family computer geeks..the Days. It takes a lot of courage to do what you are doing.

Love, Aunt Patti, Uncle Jim, Justin and Alicia.

Hi you are AWSOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love,Juliana Ps:I am your cousin.

Bill said...

Thanks! And how could I ever forget that you are my cousin Jules?

Anonymous said...

Best of Luck Billy - you will shine ! If it truly runs in the family, once you get a taste of being alone in outside countries, that nomadic blood might be restless again soon!
Matt even spoke about capitalizing on the fact that you were going to be there - He and the rest of us are in total awe of the fact that you are doing service work to boot!
You Go Guy!
Love, JKMALR
(Uncle JohnnyB, Aunt Karen, Matt "musaafir al-alum", AJ, and Linz)

Nin said...

Hey Billy!
After wiping my eyes from laughing so much after reading your latest blog....I sit here at my computer trying to fathom what life will be like in the next 3-9 months for you....and I can't! I'm too deeply entrenched in suburbia!!

It is incredible what you're launching into - I'm in awe and oh so proud of you.

Love,
Aunt Su-Nin & the rest of the gang. We miss seeing you. You know Elisha is missing you lots!

Bill said...

Karen:
What does Matt mean, capitalizing on the fact that I'm going to be there?

Sue Nin:
I've missed you guys too! We don't see each other enough anymore. Let Elisha know that one of the first things I'll do when I get back is drop by for a visit k?

Chris said...

BILLY!!! you are reading this as I'm typing...which kind of defeats the point of me even commenting. But I don't care!

Unknown said...

...loser!!!! jk boy i really don think u have any bad karma left to do u in! u didn't have any to begin with!

joseph kilchenstein said...

HI BILLY

ENJOY YOUR STAY AND BE SAFE

UNCLE JOE AND JEANNIE