Sunday, October 19, 2008

Sunday's quick post

The computer is acting funny, and I want to get out not only one post but a q/a session as well, so I'm gonna make this quick and sweet, and move on.

Saturday...what did I do on Saturday...woke up...read a book...drove to market and did some chores...fooled around on the internet a bit...oh yeah! And I tried my first attempt at cooking...It didn't go so well...the pan was a stick pan...so the chicken stuck...the soy sauce boiled instead of making a soup...the oil might have been wrong...the chicken was a little undercooked and had to be recooked...and because of all the above problems and me getting frantic I added way too much spices. I couldn't sleep all night because my bowels were doing many things they weren't supposed to...and I've been pooping fire all day...yeah...better luck next time.

Today was a lazy day. Because of the aforesaid sleeping problem I slept in till twelve, and didn't do all that much all day. The computer was on the fritz though. We're getting this kernel panic error message, and aren't sure how to fix it. I printed out 42 pages of stuff on kernel panic, and none of them are definitive as to what the problem is. We think that the problem was caused by a lack of RAM, because we had fifty-eleven things on the desktop, but it failed again when I was carrying it away from the Uphouse. Maybe kernel panic can be caused by the power cord somehow? Do you have any ideas mac-fan boss?

Note: Was supposed to end there but computer crapped out last night. Today I went back into the field, and it went pretty normal. Lots of kids though. And we got home a little late. Then I immidaetly walked to icon and started finishing this...And Worry not...now I'm taking water, sobo (concentrated sugarwater) and food in the mornings, so I wont relapse. Plus Leslie checks up on me a lot to make sure I'm doing fine.

Now for the first, and most masochistic q/a session ever...I.E. I will respond to all comments that deserve, or ask for responses...kids...this is why procrastination is bad...

Btw, note that I just respond, Unless you want to go check the comments as you read this just look for ones where I'm responding to you unless you really want to bore yourself.

"Testing Testing"

Great to see some people are going back to the beginning, despite how ridiculously long it will be to go from beginning to the present. And some even commented! I really should find a way to view traffic so I can either depress myself less or a whole lot more, depending on how many people are actually reading.

KK - The language in southern Malawi is called Chichewa, and no I don't need to speak it, as most people in the cities speak English as well, and at the sites the nurses translate the more difficult phrases. I am however trying to learn...as soon as I can locate that darn book I lost...

"Laff at me everyone!!!!!!"

Nice to see all the family relations putting in their two cents worth. I aprecciate it.

xoLBIxLieshxo - I have to ask, where'd you find that convoluted name? And at the risk of redundancy, how would I forget that you're my cousin Jules?

drkbowes - How would one capitolize on being here?

sunin - Again at the risk of redundancy, I'll be sure to stop by soon after I get back, mk?

kk - Of course I have bad kharma, just ask a Bevard...they will give you lots of examples...

"Terms of use"

Well, this page didn't work as well as I had hoped...either noone is reading it or noone is commenting...neither on is comforting but I'd prefer it if everyone was just to lazy to comment. (I can relate to lazy)

malawi mom - Cmon! You couldn't even make it out of the airport!? I expected better of you! Haha kidding. Nice to know I'm missed.

Rita - Why is no more than three names cheating? Is BobJames reading this really? Or did they just say they were going to? I can understand if they chose not to, seeing as I tend to ramble about nonsensical stuff like now. And I send off the info eventually, were you on the list?

beccablue - Here starts the amazing commenter! n.n That's great that your guard is doing well, I hope you make yourself proud. And be sure so save a video so I can see when I get back mk?

"Touchdown"

Just putting it out there, I know where both you smart assses live...watch yourselves...

Ulf - Yeah Internet is slow here and up until recently we didnt have even a half decent connection. And then the kernel panic...so there be difficulties with the pics...I'll get them up eventually...somehow...And a hot tub eh...thats gonna be just great for some little five year old to run over and drop books in...

"Awayinmalawi"

Wow a good number of posts this time..

Aggie - thats really cool! Its true that giving something that doesn't mean much to us could make a huge difference to someone here in Africa. Glad to see the involved post. =)

Aunt Jo - Thanks for the compliment about the wittyness, but its really just me running at the "mouth" like I always do.

Ulf - Yes I REALLY am in Africa. Oh and Im glad to hear about the TV. Sounds like the five year old can drop it in the bathtub and/or start a fire with it. =)

Janet - Yeah, I'm glad I got picked up too...I can imagine so many ways I could end up in an unfavorable condition...many involve bikes...oh wait that would be Calvert County wouldnt it? And let me tell you the bookstore wasn't the same without you either.

Dennis - I am completely at a loss as to how to respond to that much praise.

"Picture day...or not?"

Medium Bill - Thanks

Malawi Mom - The pictures beg to differ
1) Excuses.
2)Red sites are ones we go to, Blue sites are the ones that took over themselves.
3)There's ALWAYS Chichewa.
4)Dunno. And there are many cases like hers. Painwise. Agewise. = (
5)Giant thermos is for stool study.

I AM that far away.

Kathleen - Nice to hear from you.

Ulf - I havent used flikr, because the connection is too terrible to upload photos and oh wait I'm being redundant.

"First (work) day"

First off, the box was full of letters for every Saturday from now till January, and holidays. Filled with one candy each. And YES I'm greatful, but you must UNDERSTAND how much self control it takes not to eat them all NOW!!!

Malawi Mom - Eh. You share jerkdom.

Ulf - Weren't they?

Bill - Are you SURE that your icons class is reading this? Because I haven't seen any comments. Of course you could have spared them reading every individual novel of a post...I'd understand. =)

Cheyrl Easton - The entire marching band isn't reading this are they? That would kind of freak me out.

Adelle Conolly - Nice to hear from you, It's been a long time since freshman year hasn't it?

Tegethoffs - Pah! Safety is for noobs who want to live...oh wait...

And Michelle, you can, the hardest part is getting of your ass and doing it, I say from experience, as I almost didn't do this. (I was thinking about it for a while, and if I had pondered for too much longer it wouldn't have happened.)

Mrs Evartt - YAY MRS EVARTT!! Do you remember how many grey hairs I gave you in your class? Say hi to Mr Evartt for me, and thanks for the fun 1/2 year each of you.

Ciotti - If you want to do something like this prepare to do lots of research if you want to do an off the wall program like this one, and want your time to make a difference. OR you can volunteer into Americorps or the Peace Corps. Those are always good choices.

"One day late (O.M.G.)"

Malawi Mom - Sure you're the same person. Parents. See one noun.

Ulf - I'm taking your advice to heart, as I've had indigestion so many times here. Although maybe my stomach just can't handle mow much spice I'm shoving into it?

"Car Trouble"

Medium Bill - Jerk laugh it up. (And mom is a jerk too by association)

Aunt Jo - Haha. That made me laugh, true though.

Sunin - Actually I kept pulling down my net so I got about 37 bites in a week! X (

Becca Boo - The hitchikers guide is indescribable. Read it. NAO!

Jimmy - ...We call it stool here...thanks for your...help...though...xP

"Sorry for the wait, did you miss me?"

Kathleen - Wow someone beat my parents to the first post? Wow!

Rita - I've got lots! And you can't see them!

Ulf - You were kidding right?

Caitlyn - What hubbub?

"Lazy weekend"

Malawi Mom -
1)We have to live in the house.
2)Very steady.
3)No. We work our asses off to feed the kids. And none of us want to cook on the weekends.

Ulf - Roads range from dirt with many many many potholes, to pavement with many many potholes. I cant describe the amount of bicyles.

Becca - Are you always that excitable?

"Tired. This be quick. Maybe."

Nice to see noone wants me home any time soon... =)

Pam - Crap, you were the one who called him miss joy? Oops gave the wrong person credit. And we live in a nice completely not like Malawi compound.

Malawi Mom - Getting tired skipping replying to your too big comment.

Lynn - Have they been reading it? Any input on how what I'm describing is different from what they experienced?

"Somtimes its gonna be real hard to make a title..."

Wow I misspelled the title...Phail...

Malawi Mom - Oh come on, now that I'm gone you cant control your tear ducts anymore? Plus you KNOW me. This kind of broad thinking isn't unusal, I just had better food for thought than I usually do.

Peggy - WHY IS EVERYONE CRYING OVER THIS? Haha, thanks for the input though, and its cool that you got the same feeling as me.

Becca - Actually its primary focus is research, and because of that research it has actually been adopted as the preferred malnoutrition treatment worldwide...I think...not sure where I could site that from so don't quote me but I remember reading SOMETHING like that. I remember a UN somethingorother...Oh and your tight hugs are starting to make me arms ache.

Liz - It even made you misty? Dang, oh wait is contemplator a bad thing? (Crap!)

"Long Hiatus explained"

MediumBill - We just cut it out because its a useless piece of brainmatter and gave it to you, Mr falls-asleep-at-eight-oclock.

Aggie - Actually I do believe it is an accident of nature, although accident is probably not the word I'd use, I'll get back to this later, not gonna spend the twenty five minutes it'd take to explain it now.

Jo - Weather is hot as *insert vulgar heat refrence here.*

Pam - Read the Tao of pooh already. Guy comes off as kinda condescending. Should read the cave sometime.

Becca - Ouch. So many tight hugs...I think I'm getting a circular bruise.

John, Gaeli, Raleen, Barbrann - Thanks for saying hi.

"SORRy"

Eww terrible misscapitolization.

Just for the sake of putting this out there, I'm upping my own ante, I need to post four times to not owe favors...which means I owe some from this week...greaaaaaat. I'll make a tally at the bottom.

Thanks for the posts, can't think of a way to reply...plus I'm getting cramps.

"Catchup"

Malawi Mom - Yes it applies to you...I wish it didn't...but it does...

Chris - Oh gods I owe YOU a favor?!

Becca - I would love to reply to that...but wow I don't have the time tonight, I want to eat and sleep too. Thanks for the length though, I read the whole thing!

Elhibri - It would be impossible to crush my sense of humor! And plus without a sense of humor this would probably be really depressing...and even with a sense of humor it will occasionally get you anyway.

"Normal-ish day 1"

Yeah, Im gonna use this title for every "About Malawi," so keep an eye out for that.

Grand Pop - Then I shudder to think of the states of those countries...

Aunt Jo - Not sure if there is any Moto t-shirts...I didn't see any in the stands and thats not a good sign...And as you read it might be a better idea to ask MOM about the chicken.

Ulf - GO CYCLING!!! Kinda obscene that even though you can bike everywhere you still need to prove that you are capable of driving after your incident.

bbb0000000 - did I get enough b's and o's? not sure...And we could easily crunch some numbers once we get a couple hundred entered to see if the 25% and the 10% work similarly. The stool needs to be analyzed in the states though, and that will take a lot of time. But a "final" verdict is probably a long time coming.

Catlyn D - I wish I got a vacation back in the states...but that would just be too freaking expensive...and it kinda makes me nervous that your goig to show that to someone majoring in the subject...I can just imagine..."No...that wasn't how it went, actually..."

A.MJ - Great to hear from you, and what do you mean by a "real eduacation?"

"Near death experience"

BWAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAAAAAAA! I'm glad this got the desired respose! Hehe...

Mediumbill - I know. Aren't you glad I told you?

Malawi Mom - I'm fine now. I pulled this stunt in high school remember? Not eating untill I got home? Just turns out the circumstances are (a little) different this time. Am I worrying you now? I wasn't aware you knew how. *Imagines mom kicking me out the door to Malawi, Figuratively* Kidding of course.

Kathleen - You have no Idea how happy that comment made me...or how long it took me to stop laughing. Just tell me, were the screams together or did they come at an interval?

Aggie - Don't waste your favor on that, becuase Leslie is going into mother mode trying to keep me alive, she's doing it for you.

Liz - I think they might have, except the part of their brain that processes hyperbole and sarcasm died when they saw near death.

booooo - I usually try not to off myself, and I'm still trying to get those pics up.

Adele Connoly - Juju cn use aything that they think has spiritual signifigance. Monkeys paws are most common. Wikipedia it. I wiki'd it right after the game and thats where I found my info.

Sunin - Yes I'm fine now, very fine in fact. So dont worry too much ok? And I'm glad to hear that she still likes me, I was afraid that she'd forget me with this long absence.


If I didn't respond to a comment its because I don't know you very well, and can't come up with a responce on the fly. However, from this point forward I will (try to) answer every comment with a responce on Sundays. Thank You all for your comments. They are all (mostly, you smartasses) aprecciated.

Favors owed:
Boooo - 4
Sunin - 1
Adele Connoly - 1
Liz - 1
Aggie - 1
Kathleen - 1
Mom - 1
Dad - 1
Grand pop - 1
Aunt Jo - 1
Ulf - 1
Caitlyn D - 1
A.MJ - 1
Chris - 1
Elhibri - 1
Grandma...I think - 1

Note you can only get one favor per week...BUT OH MY GOD...I need to get this blog unde control...If this happens too often...I'll be in such deep crap...I mean look...Chris...Mom...Dad...Ulf...who knows what they'd make me do!?!

Newayz. This post is so completely done.

TTYL
---He whose fingers are about to mutiny...oh wait...there they go...

5 comments:

Kathleen said...

Another first! ;) In response to your response : You have no Idea how happy that comment made me...or how long it took me to stop laughing. Just tell me, were the screams together or did they come at an interval?

So glad to make you laugh and, um, no comment!

There are ways to spy on the site traffic. One such site is called simply www.sitemeter.com. It will tell you many interesting and often useless things, but will also tell you how may views and how they got there and where they are from, etc. That is the one I know off the top of my head. There are others.

Unknown said...

Concerning kernel panics, please answer the following:

What kind of Mac are we talking about?

CPU type and speed:
RAM:
How much free hard-drive space do you have? (If you have very little free space--there's your problem):
OS name and version (BE PRECISE):

The OS is the most important. If you can't find any of the info, I can tell you how to once I know the OS.

Unknown said...

Oh, yeah. Kernel panics on a Mac are almost third-party software, bad RAM, or dying logic-board (that's motherboard to you PeeCee weenies). And in that order.

Anonymous said...

Haha Billy I at least feel loved that you've taken the time to respond to ALL those comments! Also feeling special that I'm in the lead for boons ;) I'm gonna have to start brainstorming... But for now very glad that your health is more stable and that you "usually" don't try to off yourself... *long-distance air hug!* There! Will that allow your fragile white-person ribs to heal of bruises for now?? Though I'll say I am flattered by your opinion of my arm strength- it must be the flagging LOVE booo

Unknown said...

So why am I not on the list of people you owe favors? I've been a little behind in reading this but I am catching up now and will NOT be cheated out of those! Also, I tried to post once on a serious philosophical post, and it wouldn't let me. I was sad.

Also, more than three names is cheating because if we're having another name-book battle, then I would also have to come up with another name so that we could be equall represented, remember?