Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Wonder if any of you noticed...

It’s been a long couple-a days.

To start off, I’ve been getting progressively sicker since Friday. Before I cause any other heart attacks, it’s just a head cold. But it started off as that annoying mucus in the back of my throat, and now I’m coughing all the time. Or at least I was. I think I got over most of it today.

So anyway, my pathetic total card entry over the weekend was eighty. Twenty behind. Isn’t that grand? I entered forty yesterday, so I think I compensated.

And in other weekend news, it rained. A fair amount. I hate the rain. Even though it causes the sky to darken and this freaking place to (finally!!!) get cool. Why? Because when it rains these ant-fly things swarm out of the ground and fly straight towards all bright lights (Our house). So irritating.

Also, last Saturday when Joy (Male) and I were walking to Maky’s, we encountered some of the volunteers working at the orphanage next door. I won’t bore you with the details, but they invited us to take a visit. Joy had time to make the visit, I didn’t (Card entry) but when he was there he got us invited to a birthday dinner. It was at a nice Italian restaurant, and we drove them because they don’t have cars. It was pretty nice, there were four girls, ages 25-27, three from the UK and one from the US. It was pretty fun, we talked about Chiponde, England, Politics, Accents, whatever came up. We got to bed late though. That was a pain.

Speaking of pains, Monday morning this terrible horn player kept me up for half an hour! He sucked, and if I had found him I would have shoved his horn through his EYE for playing at four in the freaking morning!

Monday. Monday. What a stressful day for Leslie. Stool study was OK, but we stayed late, and because of the way we had been doing things, we kept Leslie late as well. And she had already been irritated because of 10 defaulters, kids that weren’t being fed, and other annoying things. Did I mention it was freaking hot outside? When we drove with the windows down it felt like a furnace. And when we got to Icon, the net café, we found out that the car we had been driving didn’t have a parking break. Have I ever mentioned the parking at Icon is on a hill? I didn’t? It is. And Icon was packed. We had to wait twenty minutes. It is near impossible to stress me out, but I’m surprised Leslie didn’t EXPLODE at this point. Everything had gone wrong Monday.

Tuesday starts off funny, and then gets boring real fast. Well, because of the parking break issue, we wanted to switch cars. So I get up, run over in time to get Victor as he’s coming in, and we completely unload and reload the truck. Then we drive to pick up Jennifer, which is what I am naming the awesome stool study nurse. Partway there, we notice a light isn’t going off on the dashboard. Turns out, the fan belt broke. By the time we got back the car was smoking. And then unload and reload the cars. What fun! This put us an hour behind schedule, which makes a big difference when you have to wait for a tyke to poop. Victor made up for it though, by driving really hella fast. I should know, I was leaning on a bag of flour and still got bruises from all the bumps. Once we got there everything went normally. Only one funny thing to mention, we are weighing kinds who have already been fed now, and this one kid shit all over the scale. It was great in a way, I just grabbed it in bag and there’s his stool. I think this might become a kinda last resort. The kid won’t poop? Leave him on the scale for a while. And if any of you were wondering (and I might have already said this) people DO lose bowel control when they get scared. I can’t count the number of kids that have peed on the scale and height board, and this poop incident just further proves it.

And that’s it for me…now let me look at those comments…

"A day at the court..."

Kathleen - It went well, the fine ended up being the equivalent of 20 bucks.

Rita - I thought I blow things up/lose them?

Bernie - Tell Elicia I'm feeding little kids like her peanut butter!

Aggie - I STILL havent had the chance to read all you wrote, I guess when (If) I get a computer I'll let you know my reaction then.

Liz - Haha. I didn't lose them.

Aunt Jo - I actually have a clip and I have only lost one key. A long Time ago.

"Guess what, I drove to make this post!"

Dad - OF COURSE I'm trying to kill you. I thought we had already been over this.

Mom - Getting stuff out is gonna be hard...I don't have constant computer access and thinks are kinda hectic here...

"Cards...Cards...CARDS!!!"

Aggie - Just a predicion here. Obama.

Malawi Mom - Hasn't the world always been orange?

Medium Bill - It rained. No hike.

Uncle D and Aunt J - RAAAAH I dont have any more time to respond I have to go crap!!! I'm glad to hear you're finally wading into technology though. =)

TTYL

---He who wonders if anyone noticed there were only three posts last week?

4 comments:

mediumbill said...

"That was a pain" ???

Spending an evening with a bunch of 24 to 27 year old young unattached women a "pain"??? I don't get you some times.

A question about the heat, What is the Humidity?

Keep you sweaty chin up. Here, it is cold, wet, the leaves have changed and are falling.

Love Dad.

Unknown said...

Sorry to hear about the head cold! Hope you feel better.

Rich

Anonymous said...

Well Billy, I thought that this whole saving the world expeience was a NEW thing...instead of, or perhaps in ADDITION to losing/blowing up things. Minor things of course. :) Rita

Anonymous said...

I'm also sorry to hear about your head cold. Somehow it's worse being congested in the heat and humidity. You needn't read my previous entry in its entirety. Given your introspection on life and death, I simply recommended a couple of books you may find interesting (whether you agree with the authors or not.)

What I enjoyed on election day was the robust turnout of voters of every age! Long, long lines at the polls everywhere...it was awesome! The 40-something crowd has not seen such interest in an election in our voting lifetimes.

Here's hoping that President-elect Obama can keep the marginalized and working poor energized, while moving the U.S. in a positive direction, without reversing the trend of fewer abortions.

Love, Aggie