Sunday, November 9, 2008

We Got robbed!

I woke up at 6 oclock today...three hours earlier than I should have...to the knocking of one of our guards on my window. After cursing him, his family, and all of the progeny he may ever procreate, or the progeny they may procreate, I rolled out of bed, put my pants on, and went outside. I then, half asleep, followed him to the Downhouse, our supply area, to find the bars bent.

I'll shorten the three hour ordeal into a paragraph or two for you guys. What was stolen: 200,000 kwatcha, (1250 dollars) some oil, and our printer. A guard was apparently ambushed ant tied up. The dog may or may not have been barking its head of at midnight, depending on whether you believe the landlord or his son. Right now though, we don't know exactly who stole the stuff, or where it is. Were the guards in on it? We don't know. It is strange that the robbers knew which house was empty, that the guards would not patrol, and where the servants quarters were, because they put the dog there. WHATEVER. I'll keep you posted if anything new comes up.

Oh, and because we ran out of some ingredients, we cant get the cmv for the ten percent chiponde, and we have to stop enrolling. Yay. That means all my frantic work over the last two weeks has been for NOTHING.

So anyway, heres my responces to your comments...

"Wonder if any of you noticed..."

Medium Bill - Its a pain getting UP with five hours of sleep. Not the dinner. Jeez.

Ulf - Actually the head cold refuses to leave. I still have a runny nose.

Rita - Glad you dont think I've lost my destructive touch. =)

Aggie - I would have loved to be in the states, as it was I felt really detached from it all.

"Classifying BABIEZ"

Kellye - Its ok, I knew you were slow for a long time. I'm real happy to hear that you had been reading it before though (Am I inferring that right?)

Ms Megonigal - COOL! You're reading this? AWESOME!!! You're the best btw, just so you know. Oh and Me and Billy? Do you think I'm Brian? Nonetheless, I'm not sure you're nerves would be able to take another year of "me and Billy."

Malawi Mom - Uhm...my mom taught me it was fun to decapitate small woodland creatures...is that terrible too?

Hannah is coming!"

Aunt Jo - I will never forget. In fact, I was very dissapointed when I realized it doesnt work o her anymore.

Kellye - Guess what Kellye, ITS OPPOSITE DAY! (My retort to "ay. To. Go.")

SO thats it for now, If I get more internet time I'll extend my responces.

TTYL

---He who is glad the computers WERE NOT in the downhouse.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

first post?! Maybe that'll make up for my absence :p I'll send you a hug for good measure *squeeeze* though I hope I won't aggravate that head cold. Feeling any better yet? Though I guess lots o' rain + also lack of cough medicine can't be doing much for you, huh?
I'll assume Malawi doesn't have a good medical system or can richer people get doctors/medicine? If the people practice things like juju do they have "witch doctors" of sorts/use natural remedies or do usable herbs or whatever not grow well there? Just curious NOT suggesting that you attempt to utilize such remedies in case its coming across that way ;)though I am wondering if those bugs are worth trying?? Hey if you can bare-footedly mash a cockroach you can handle a multitude of fly-things, right? *shiver* I hope the quantity of insects doesn't wear on your nerves too much
I do suggest surrounding yourself with blue things if you're still really immersed in entering data though. Blue complements orange maybe it'll bother you less then :p or is the orange a welcome relief from gray raininess? From your description of the outdoors/name hungry season I don't imagine the rain makes things very lush... accurate?
Also want to add that I was terribly amused by your classification of babies, mostly over what those poor children are probably thinking of you! ;) I've made a mental note to make sure I'm not the first to hold any infant after he/she is touched by your magic hands! *blowing you a kiss* to help the cold headache/any headache from too data entry/too little sleep/recent developments. I hope for the sake of your work that things get back on track soon after the robbery- though maybe you'll be able to take things a little easier for a few days? You can't do as much good there if you're gonna burn yourself out, stay strong and healthy! Can't wait to hear what hannah's like- is she a new step in data collection/analysis?
glad to be back, virtually, but never think I've been forgetting you! LUV becca

Kellye B. said...

jezz, that sucks...sounds like you had a lovely day!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, Billy, wow! Glad to hear the tied-up guard is ok (assuming he wasn't in on the robbery, as you say) Relieved you were not where the robbers were.

About your question i.e., Classifying BABIEZ" - is it 'bad' to make babies cry?

Well, define bad. Define good. Because without God there is no good or bad. Our physical world gives us only one model: Survival of the fittest. Neither good nor bad, right?

Your Aunt Jo and your mom were funny to watch when they were young. Puff the Magic Dragon was only one example...many more amusing sibling memories. But hey we did have fun singing 'Puff' many times at Grandma's house in the backyard, waving around our minature wind-mill thingies, and drinking your mom's favorite - Mint Gingerale.

Love, Aggie :-)

mediumbill said...

I was reading in the "Lonely Planet" Travel guide for Malawi: "Don't bother calling the Police because they don't have cars. You have to drive to get them and transport them back and forth to the crime scene." Is this true for where you are?

Love your post. Keep them up.

Love Dad