Sunday, November 30, 2008

Bleh

I'm sorry I haven't posted again. Not having a computer I can use is killing my ability to post when coupled with the fact that I am getting home late most days now. And its going to get more busy when I get the database sent to me, because then data entry will start up again . . . and the editing of the database . . . and making a new one for stool study . . . it's just going to be a lot of work. Which is good, because Hannah works so much its insane, and I'm feeling like I'm slacking or something, but I guess you get to work that hard when you're a doctor. 

Anyway, what I'm getting at is that, though I don't think that any of you took it seriously, I sure haven't seen any signs that anyone did, but four posts a week is unsustainable. In fact, any amount of required posts is impossible at present. So the favor game I made up has to die. If you actually want to collect, all favors gained till now still stand, but I can't continue. Its not possible.

So anyway, there have been lots of stuff happening the last two weeks. We started enrolling newborn babies. I chased a chicken for forty minutes and it ended up stuck in a bush. Because I'm was having some trouble (very little, more like scraping by) buying enough food myself, my stipend was doubled. (I have NO FREAKING IDEA what I am going to do with that money.) Leslie left and came back from vacation. Random food buying and whatnot. The nurse for stool study who's "name" I forgot again's sister in law died, so we lost her for a day or two. I had massive abdominal pain at our overnight stay at Namandanje one week, and merely got a little sick the next week . . . Yeah I've decided that I'm in an abusive relationship with that place, I always end up sick or something when I go there, but anyway . . . I rode on top of the truck for half an hour, on Malawi roads. I met one of the people who runs the peace corps here. And lots of other random stuff that you could expect from me.

So you see, I'm alive. I'm fine. And the workload is only going to get bigger, so my posts will become less frequent. Actually this took to much time too, gotta go.

TTYL

---He who needs to pack the car for tomorrow now.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish I would have know about your blog earlier, because now reading them all at once has caused them to become one big blog in my head making you, timeline wise, only have been there about a day, regardless of time stamps.

I feel like I should have something entertaining to say to you, but I really don't have anything because, alas, I'm at college and nothing happens here.

oh, but believe you me, when I see you again, there is going to be some SERIOUS jokes made at your expense. oh, you just wait.

I think what you're doing over there is quite amazing, Billy. I admire you.

-Katelyn

Anonymous said...

huh I though I posted but it may have gotten lost... just in case I'll echo myself:
Hi! glad you're alive and hopefully well as well! I guess we'll have to forgive you for not being able to post. But don't you forget that we expect you to be healthy and safe- maybe I'll post periodic hugs to go with the Starbursts your mom provided :) Its awesome that you're doing so much good but I'm gonna miss hearing from you regularly! You'd better take care now LOVE boo

Malawi Mom said...

Hmm ... somehow I have the feeling that the opening line of your post is veiled lobbying for that computer again.

Sorry to hear you're still getting sick on your visits to Namandanje. I'm a little confused though. If there are 14 sites and you spend overnight at Namandanje every week, how do you get all the visits in? Do you double up some days? Seems like it would have to be most days you hit two villages if you're spending over a day a week going to Namandanje.

I didn't think you had held up data entry to wait for the database. I really thought you didn't plan to use it, so I'd tabled working on it. I will pick up in earnest this week.

It is late. I should go to bed.

Do you think you'll be able to get in a post a week?

Lotsa love,
Momlet

Anonymous said...

Greetings, Scooper! It occurs to me that, in the future, your resume will be quite unique when you list "poop expert" on your list of qualifications!

I've been in Billy blog withdrawal, but sure understand the demands on your time--coupled with the lack of your own computer.

Hard to believe that you've been gone 3 months already. I can confirm that absence does make the heart grow fonder, Bill. I still miss you a ton!!

Uncle Dennis and I are going to Williamsburg this week-end for their Christmas Illumination. This is to celebrate our 30th anniversary!

TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF. We want you home healthy in six months.

LOL, Aunt Jo

Kellye B. said...

awww, too bad. now i wont have anything entertaining to read on a regular basisXD take good care of yourself!!

Malawi Mom said...

Really missing you today! I called several times but your phone was turned off. :(

Well, I'm helping Boo with her college essays. I'm happy to report that the first installment of round two is outstanding on a first read!

I'm picking up a $500 check for Project Peanut Butter tomorrow! It's from the Southern Maryland chapter of Links, Inc., an African American professional women's group. Isn't that great!?

Well, I hope you are ok. Love you!

Momlet

Anonymous said...

Your diligence...and Hannah's...and the others at Project PB...is admirable. I thought I had demands on my time...nothing compared to your schedule.

Not much new in Pittsburgh. Pittsburgh Steelers will likely be in the playoffs, which is cool.

Wishing you all the best in the days and weeks ahead!

Much love,
Aggie

Anonymous said...

A quick Hello.

Hello

Hope all is well. I miss you too.

Love Dad

Anonymous said...

Dude when do you get back? we need to hangout very very soon.

-Matt

Anonymous said...

Hey, Billy, Do you know what has happened to you? You have been abruptly transitioned into that same world where adults moan that they don't have time to do things! Ew! But I think we all understand about that. The not having internet access all the time means that you can't necessarily post when you have five minutes.

The bookstore is buzzing with the likes of Caitlyn, Alice, and Janet (soon), in addition to the regular gang. It's a happy retail shopping season for us despite (or because of) the economy. We all miss you and are thinking of you partly across the world. Take care.

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas Billy!!!!

-Rita

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Christmas Billy :)

-Katelyn