Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Need to mention this

Nothing big, just heard an interesting story. One of the mom's coming to chiponde clinic has a problem. 

Her husband is stealing all of her baby's chiponde....

(Oh well, regrettable but it's nothing all that unusual. But wait, there's more?) 

Her husband bought her from her parents to be his wife, probably when she wasn't that old...

(That's the first time I've ever heard of that kinda practice, but I'm not all that suprised...)

He bought another woman as well...

(OK...Polygamy isn't uncommon here but he had to buy both his wives...what kind of a loser is he...?)

She is afraid to hide the chiponde, because her husband might find out, become enraged, and beat her, for trying to feed her kid...So he is a misogynistic polygamist wife beater who has no problem starving his kids...

([Apologies folks but this has been removed for the sake of the little kiddies due to extensive profanity and violent imagery])

Anyway, just figured I'd share that with you.

Oh and I'm doing fine. Also, my parents came to Malawi a couple weeks ago and I'm gonna post something they've written on what its like here. Assuming they ever finish it anyway...

See you in a month and a week.

1 comment:

Katelyn said...

Gosh, don't you wish you have a button that completely drops some people off the face of the earth? Because for me, this guy would be one of them. The sad things is, this is only one we got to hear about, there's probably a ton more that have a situation like that, which makes me kinda cringe. And want that button even more. And that's crazy exciting that your parents came to visit :) I hoped they enjoyed it, well, as much as the could considering what's going on over there. I bet it was nice to see them in live and living color.